Pasta is nowadays a staple food most of us eat regularly. The truth is, you can do so much with pasta, and there are so many variety of pasta to choose from. There is a lot more to pasta than “kraft dinner”! Part of the reason why pasta is so popular is because it is affordable, filling and easy to cook. It is easy combine with other ingredients, so let’s have a look at what great pasta dishes we can cook up!
Cream Cheese Pasta
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 200g of spaghetti or other long pasta
- A few cups of the hot spaghetti water saved for later
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley and the same amount of fresh chopped basil
- 250g soft cream cheese
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbs of butter
- 4 green onions (sometimes called scallions or shallots)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 Tbs of freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Fresh herbs.
Cream Cheese Pasta – Steps For Cooking
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the pasta al dente.
2. Drain the pasta and sprinkle some olive oil over it. Keep some of the boiling water for later.
3. Add butter to a pan and fry the onions and garlic over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
4. Combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic, chopped parsley in a bowl and toss it around with a spoon.
5. Add salt and pepper. Gradually stir in the hot pasta water a little at a time. Stirl until the sauce becomes smooth.
6. Add the pasta to a plate and pour the sauce over. Spread the sauce around with a couple of forks.
7. Add grated parmesan.
Serve with a crisp salad and perhaps some fresh home baked bread with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping the bread in.
This is a quick pasta dishes that is extremely simple. It’s has a lot of protein, because of the tuna. When you are in a hurry, but want a filling meal, try this one!
- 150g canned tuna, drained
- 150g pasta
- 150 chopped olives
- 4 tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 80g parmesan or romano cheese – grated
- a couple of tbsp olive oil
- 8 small cherry tomatoes
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, and drain.
- Place pasta back in pot on warm stove, add all the other ingredients to the pot.
- Stir quickly while all ingredients gets a brief heat-up (1-2 minutes).
- Serve immediately.